Tips Sizing Guide
Roof Tube Tip Sizing Cheat Sheet
.25” Fastener Grade Tip -
- Installing normal sprayable top coat elastomerics on Fasteners
- Installing rust primer over rusty fastener heads.
- Some Fastener Grade Mastics work well with this tip
- Use if the .47 tip feels to mess
- Take this tip out to draw your material into the tube then re-insert
.47” and .625” Fastener Grade Tips -
- These tips are often interchangeable throughout the day.
- On roller mornings where the mastics are a little stiffer the .625 will work great… AS the day heats up the .47 might offer a tighter pattern around screw heads and help to eliminate stringers in between fasteners.
- If the .625 Feels messy, With the .47
- If the .47 feels slow, or you are having to push too hard Switch to the .625
- Do not try and draw the material through these tips…unscrew them from the bottom, then re-insert them after filing the tube.
1.0 Seam Sealer Tip .
- Very versatile tip. Often used on solvent based trowel grade mastic on fasteners.
- Can be used for both Fasteners and Seams depending on the viscosity of the products.
- IF the .625 tip feels too hard to push the material through switch to the 1.0”
- You may have success drawing some thinner trowel grade mastics through this tip.
- Works great running vertical seams with Acrylic seam grades
- If Drawing Trowell grade material up into the roof tube through this tip is too stiff move up to the 1.5” or 1.9” Large Mouth Tip
1.5” seam grade tip
- Not recommended for fasteners
- Mostly used for trowel grade mastic repair work on seams
- This tip can be absolutely perfect for R-Panel vertical ribs. Or sliding material underneath the panel bent of a standing seam rib
- Allow some time to experiment with the best effective techniques for getting the trowell or seam grade mastics to the right spot on the ribs.
- Great for repair work on metal or flat roof
- If you are struggling drawing the material up into the tube through this tip move the the large mouth sealer tip, and / or take the tip off the bottom of the tube totally or try our Econo Tube
1.9” Large Mouth Seam Sealing Tip
- Not recommending for fasteners
- Recommended for working with heavy grade trowel grade mastics.
- You will be Able to draw through this tip up into the tube.
- Designed for running seams on Flat roofs
- Can extruded. Perfect 2” strip of trowel grade mastics with out having to bend over.
- There is a little bit of a learning curve learning the technique of applying with the proper millages, but when mastered this tip is really faster at sealing seams on a single ply restoration